Professional Development and Training
Wediko provides schools with practical, sustainable, and innovative tools to build capacity for meeting student’s needs. Wediko is committed to helping all members of the school community meet the challenges and reap the benefits of educating a diverse group of students. Trainings incorporate best practice and evidence-based approaches for implementing and sustaining school-wide initiatives, understanding trauma’s impact on development, and building tiered systems of support.
Wediko believes trainings are most successful when tied to a school’s top priorities or ongoing initiative/area of focus. Wediko clinicians also facilitate team-building and experiential learning experiences for school staff.
Recommended for whole school faculty
- Trauma and its impact on learning and behavior;
- Prevention and responses to challenging behavior;
- De-escalation/life space crisis intervention;
- Side by Side™ Social Skills Groups;
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) (Implementation overview with ongoing facilitation and coaching); and
- Family Engagement/strengthening families.
Recommended for School Leadership Team (PBIS team, Universal Support Team)
- Leadership team training; and
- Data informed decision making.
Recommended for specialized school programs, specialists
- Attachment and disrupted attachment – what it is and how it impacts kids and how schools/families can intervene effectively;
- Spectrum Diagnosis;
- Complex Trauma;
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder as a response to Complex Trauma; and
- Demystifying the Data: Understanding Neuropsychological Testing.