Wediko’s Home Solutions offers children and families a unique combination of customized supports to enhance children’s academic confidence, social and emotional well-being, and family problem solving. This process is facilitated through the following supports:
In-Home Family Therapy* provides a structured and consistent forum centered on finding creative solutions to increase safe and positive family time. Benefits include:
- Recognizing helpful and challenging patterns between family members;
- Creating or modifying home structures and routines;
- Improving communication and identifying family conflict triggers; and
- Capturing strengths and building skills through family activities.
Parent Coaching provides tools to decrease stress often experienced when raising children with challenging behaviors. Parent coaching can help with:
- Proactive safety planning;
- Navigating the educational system, State Agencies and other resources; and
- Parent Workshops.
Wraparound Coordination is a team-based, problem-solving process that creates:
- A family-driven support team;
- Consistent wraparound team meetings;
- Coordinating services across a multitude of systems; and
- Integrated home, school, and community strategies.
Therapeutic Mentoring* takes place in the community during the school day, evenings, and weekends, creating opportunities to master practical life skills while facing identified challenges. Examples include:
- Coaching through transitions into or out of school;
- Teaching stress management techniques to increase confidence in social situations;
- Visiting the YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs to promote physical health; and
- Developing concrete strategies for job searches and job interviews.
For more information or to make a referral, please contact:
Rhonda Kaplan, LICSW
*Wediko is an in-network CBHI provider for MBHP in Greater Boston.