As the weather gets colder and holidays grow nearer, many children and families lack the resources to keep the season warm and special.
We have compiled a list of Wediko’s biggest needs this holiday season. If you’re a legomaster, a former CD collector, or a book/movie buff, you have a unique opportunity to deliver a smile just in time for the holidays!
Here are six ways you can help right now.
1. Legos Legos Legos! – Our master builders are currently all about lego building contests. We are hoping to finish making “Creation Station,” a dedicated Lego space for bigger projects, while also having enough Legos in each dorm.
2. CDs and portable discmen – At Wediko School, students cannot have digital music due to the need to check lyrics and content. Thus, we still rely on CDs and discmen. In the transition to Spotify, iTunes, and digital music, you might be throwing away or donating CDs. Consider sending them along to expand our music library! Note: Used/old CDs okay, must be appropriate.
3. Movies – We are looking for G, PG, and PG-13 movies. Students benefit from a refreshed selection of flicks for long car trips, sick days, and much-needed breaks.
4. Leisure books – Older teen and middle school material is very welcome!
5. Your network – Please share this blog post on your social media channels, email accounts, and with family/friends/coworkers. The more donations we have, the better able our students are to keep succeeding. Thanks for joining this journey with us.
6. Other ways to give: www.wediko.org/give
If you have some items collected to donate, thank you so much! They can be shipped directly to our New Hampshire location:
Attn: Kim Guest
11 Bobcat Blvd.
Windsor, NH 03244
Happy holidays and thank you for your generosity! ‘Tis the season 🙂